ad free

Tapasee talks about Vastadu Naa Raju

After marking her Telugu debut with K. Raghavendra Rao's Jhummandi Naadam, starring Manoj Manchu, glamour doll Tapasee is currently doing her second Telugu film Vastadu Naa Raju, directed by Hemant Madhukar with Vishnu Manchu in the lead.

Talking about this film, slated for February 11 release, the actress said in an interview: "I play a normal Telugu, middle-class city girl brought up by her elder brother. They don't have parents. There are no negative characters; it's only the situations. Prakashraj, who plays my brother, does certain things which he thinks right for his sister but actually, he is wrong. I heard that people were awed by my glamour in Jhummandi Naadam but they didn't notice my performance. Vastadu Naa Raju is the answer to those people who think I can do only glamour roles. It will show what variety roles I can do. I am waiting for the response."

Asked if she signed Vastadu Naa Raju because it is a mass entertainer, she said: "It was the script. In fact the character is ordinary but it's the storyline -- how the character moves with the story -- which made me sign it."